ADM is seeking candidates for the position of Energy Analyst to help in the evaluation of energy efficiency, demand response and other energy programs. In this role, the Energy Analyst will work with ADM’s current electric and gas utility clients throughout the country.
- Develop data collection tracking tools to oversee data collection.
- Develop and use databases for research efforts, including querying databases, aggregating data from multiple sources, finding and accessing third-party datasets.
- Clean and manager large data sets.
- Develop understanding of and apply models to address different types of research questions using qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Develop understanding of and employ specific best-practice methods of data collection.
- With direction, design models and data collection tools for a wide range of data collection approaches.
- Manage data, including organizing and managing data sets to maintain data integrity using Excel and R and other data management tools.
- Conduct data analysis.
- Apply and document appropriate and careful data cleaning techniques.
- Calculate and interpret basic statistics (e.g., means, etc.) and relationships (e.g., correlations, etc.) in quantitative data and summarize qualitative data.
- Formulate key findings from analysis.
- Ensure quality by reviewing project data for accuracy, errors, and completeness, and ensuring accuracy of all reported results.
- Proactively check own work (data, analysis, writing) to ensure accuracy.
- Communicate with project leads on quality control approaches and results.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study such as statistics, mathematics, engineering, building science, sociology (or other applied social science fields), economics, or environmental science is required. Masters or Ph.D. preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience, preferably in energy.
- Professional experience in the energy efficiency, public policy, environmental consulting, or market research fields is desirable, but not required.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience using data management and analysis software (e.g., R, etc.).
The position is for our Fremont, CA office, Sacramento, CA office, or Portland, OR (Remote). Starting salary depends on qualifications and experience.
ADM offers competitive compensation packages including medical/dental/life insurance, 401(k).
ADM is an equal opportunity employer. ADM does not discriminate in its employment practices with regard to age, ancestry, religion, color, creed, cultural background, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, military obligations, national origin, race, sex, or sexual orientation.