ADM Associates, Inc. (ADM) is seeking well-qualified candidates for the position of Analyst to support the evaluation of energy efficiency programs. As a professional service corporation, ADM provides energy efficiency program evaluation and research for utilities and other clients across North America. Our evaluations have a critical role related to creating and maintaining effective energy efficiency programs, which provide numerous societal benefits, lower the energy bills of utility ratepayers, and aid the environment by reducing the need for new power plants.
The ideal candidate for the Analyst position will have strong critical thinking, writing, and analysis capabilities; excellent organizational skills; an ability to think out of the box; and the adaptability to work both independently and in groups. The candidate should be able to perform the following types of tasks:
- Manipulate, clean, and analyze data accurately and efficiently in Microsoft Excel and the R programming environment.
- Take analyses that have been previously completed in less flexible software packages (e.g., Excel) and implement them in R.
- Compile tables, figures, and written reports to concisely and effectively communicate analytical results.
- Balance multiple projects with completing deadlines.
Experience with program evaluation, statistics, survey design, code-based analysis, or energy efficiency and energy systems is a plus. The following qualifications are desirable:
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree, preferably in the physical sciences, economics, statistics, mathematics, or a related field.
- Professional experience in the energy efficiency, public policy, environmental consulting, or market research fields.
- Excellence in the following skill sets: analytical and problem-solving skills; technical report writing; and written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of the R programming environment or demonstrated programming experience (e.g., Python, Matlab, etc.).
This Analyst position is available in ADM’s office in Reno, Nevada. Starting salary depends on qualifications and experience. Benefits include eligibility to participate in medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans; an employer-funded HRA; and a matching 401(k) plan; as well as three weeks paid time off and eight paid holidays. ADM is an equal opportunity employer.