JOB TITLE: Energy Analyst
STATUS: Exempt, 40 hours per week
LOCATION: Portland, OR; Sacramento, CA; Fremont, CA; or Remote
ADM is a top-tier energy evaluation consultancy providing program evaluation and research for utilities and other clients across North America. ADM provides comprehensive evaluation of energy efficiency programs, including assessment of energy impacts, program processes, market penetration, market transformation, and cost effectiveness. We quantify the impacts of public investments to reduce energy demand and mitigate climate impacts and believe that our collective success depends on how well we investigate and communicate the experiences of all people and businesses who use the electric grid.
ADM views our team as a long-term and mutual investment. At ADM, we are committed to building a valued business while ensuring rewarding careers to our employees.
ADM is seeking candidates for the position of Energy Analyst to help in the evaluation of energy efficiency, demand response and other energy programs. In this role, the Energy Analyst will contribute to client deliverables by actively considering clients’ research questions and developing and implementing appropriate methodologies while maintaining a critical eye to ensure data integrity. The Energy Analyst must bring a balance of analytical and consulting skills to this role.
- Develop data collection tracking tools, communicate with clients to oversee data collection.
- Develop and use databases for research efforts, including querying databases, aggregating data from multiple sources, and finding and accessing third-party datasets.
- Develop understanding of and employ specific best-practice methods of data collection.
- Clean and manage large datasets in preparation for analysis.
- Research and understand current evaluation protocols and model specifications recommended by protocols associated with the specific research.
- Develop understanding of and apply models to address different types of research questions using both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Explore and become familiar with appropriate, alternative models in line with industry standards.
- Manage and organize data to maintain data integrity using Excel and R and other data management tools.
- Apply and document appropriate data cleaning techniques.
- Conduct various data analysis, including data such as monthly energy consumption data across thousands of customers, household-level characteristics, and project-level information on energy efficiency upgrades.
- Calculate and interpret basic statistics (e.g., means, etc.), relationships (e.g., correlations, etc.), and model output from quantitative data and summarize qualitative data.
- Formulate key findings from analysis and report findings in a formal report
- Ensure quality by reviewing project data for accuracy, errors, and completeness, and ensuring accuracy of all reported results.
- Proactively check work (data, analysis, writing) to ensure accuracy.
- Communicate methodology of analysis with peers to facilitate QA/QC.
- Communicate with project leads on quality control approaches, findings, and results.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study such as statistics, mathematics, engineering, building science, sociology (or other applied social science fields), economics, or environmental science is required. Masters or Ph.D. preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience, preferably in energy.
- Professional experience in the energy efficiency, public policy, environmental consulting, or market research fields is desirable, but not required.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with a R, Python, SQL or similar statistical software applications and willingness and ability to learn.
ADM offers competitive compensation packages including medical/dental/life insurance, 401(k).
ADM is an equal opportunity employer. ADM does not discriminate in its employment practices with regard to age, ancestry, religion, color, creed, cultural background, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, military obligations, national origin, race, sex, or sexual orientation.
Only candidates who submit an application, resume and cover letter through our company website will be considered for the position. Please use the link below.
Please apply online at: http://admenergy.com/job-application/
Please visit us at http://admenergy.com/