ADM Associates is seeking an Engineering Manager for our Fremont California office. We search for genuinely passionate people who thrive in collaborative environments, care deeply about technical excellence, and want to bring new innovative approaches to engineering analysis. If you also embrace accomplishing this with a diverse team of passionate people, we encourage you to apply. This position is an ideal opportunity for a well-credentialed engineering professional looking to contribute technical expertise, continue the development of a strong technical team, provide superior client services, and continue to grow our firm’s energy engineering/evaluation practice.
We will also accept remotely-located applicants from Arkansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Portland, Oregon.
- Apply calculations, algorithms, and/or modeling to estimate savings of individual energy efficiency and demand response measures in commercial and industrial buildings.
- Perform necessary statistical analysis on datasets to determine savings or trends.
- Develop measurement and verification approaches used to measure energy impacts at specific sites.
- Acquire data from field metering, lab instruments or utility meters and process into useful information.
- Conduct site assessments at customer facilities to identify impacts from energy efficiency, demand response, or other site improvements.
- Write clear and concise technical reports explaining analysis results and findings to clients.
- Review Measurement & Verification Plans developed by program implementers and provide feedback on measurement, verification, and analysis methodology for custom gas and electric energy-saving projects.
- Perform a QC (quality control) review of site level analysis and reports before finalizing the projects energy savings.
- Perform QC on analysis work by junior engineering staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or closely related field, is required.
- Significant industry experience (8+ years) as a consulting engineer is the primary requirement. We will also consider a blend of industry experience.
- Current Professional Engineer (PE) license is required.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification is a plus.
- Must have a solid understanding of compressed air systems, refrigeration systems, HVAC, lighting, and motors & drives.
- Engineering Management:
- Responsible for the communication necessary with all parties to ensure a successful project.
- Directly involved in project scoping and fee development.
- Responsible for direct and regular interaction with clients.
- Work directly with Project Managers to ensure each project achieves quality and profitability goals.
- Coordinate, manage, provide technical development, and leadership for a team of mechanical engineers and designers across the country.
- Ensure the Team has the necessary tools and receives regular and timely information to produce a successful project.
- Responsible for discipline specific quality control on each project.
- Work directly with the project lead throughout the project to ensure the ultimate success of the project.
- Proven leadership experience and managerial experience are a must.
- Knowledge and experience with software packages to support complex engineering calculations and/or modeling required: MS Office, EnergyPlus, eQUEST.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience with statistical analysis platforms desired (R, SAS, Stata)
- Leads assigned project teams as they perform their tasks and participate in budgeting, scheduling, and staff management.
- Develop a professional network by participating in activities and organizations related to our industry.
About ADM Associates:
ADM Associates is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for energy efficiency and demand response research and evaluation projects. We combine the resources of a company with local, client-focused delivery across the country.
At ADM Associates, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. ADM Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Starting salary depends on qualifications and experience.