ADM is a top-tier energy evaluation company providing program evaluation and research for utilities and other clients across North America. ADM provides comprehensive evaluation of programs, including assessment of energy impacts, program processes, market penetration, and cost effectiveness. We believe that our collective successes depend on how well we investigate and communicate the experiences of all people and businesses who use the electric grid. We quantify the impacts of those public investments to reduce energy demand and mitigate climate impacts.
ADM considers our investment in our team as a long-term and mutual investment. At ADM, we are committed to building a valued business while ensuring rewarding careers to our employees.
ADM is seeking candidates for the position of Field Engineer in the New Orleans, LA, Shreveport, LA or Alexandria, LA areas to inspect energy efficiency equipment and install energy monitoring devices in commercial and industrial (C&I) facilities.
Ideal candidates will have strong critical thinking, writing, and analysis capability; excellent organizational skills; an ability to think out of the box; and the capability to work both independently and in groups. Experience with energy program evaluation, energy efficiency and building systems is a plus. The level of Field Engineer will be dependent on length of career and direct experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or physical science.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in the field of engineering and must be able to use instruments for measurement of volts, amps, and power in live panels.
- Applicant must be knowledgeable about efficient technologies, including lighting, HVAC equipment, motors, building envelopes, compressed air, and industrial process equipment is desirable.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and under time pressures.
- Ability to travel for a significant fraction of a full-time schedule. This position involves extensive travel. Approximately 30% of the site visits will be within New Orleans, another 60% will be elsewhere in LA with concentrations in Shreveport, Alexandria, Baton Rouge, and 10% may be in Arkansas, Oklahoma, or elsewhere as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with facility maintenance staff, industrial engineers, and clients.
- Valid driver license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to rent vehicles and travel on commercial airlines.
- Ability to carry up to 30lbs. and the ability to climb ladders.
- 1 or more years of experience, preferably in energy.
- Professional experience in the energy efficiency, public policy, environmental consulting, or market research fields is desirable, but not required.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
This position requires submission of proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Starting salary depends on qualifications and experience.
ADM offers competitive compensation packages including medical/dental/life insurance, 401(k).
ADM is an equal opportunity employer. ADM does not discriminate in its employment practices with regard to age, ancestry, religion, color, creed, cultural background, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, military obligations, national origin, race, sex, or sexual orientation.
Only candidates who submit an application, resume and cover letter through our company website will be considered for the position.