ADM is seeking candidates for the position of Field Engineer responsible for:
- Inspection of energy efficiency equipment and installation of energy monitoring devices in commercial and industrial (C&I) facilities across the state of New Jersey.
- Performing engineering analysis on commercial energy efficiency measures to determine energy savings. Energy Efficiency Measures include complex commercial HVAC, Industrial Processes, Air Compressors, Building Envelope, and many more.
- Reporting and explaining results to technical and non-technical audiences, including professional technical reports as well as oral reports and presentations.
Ideal candidates will have strong critical thinking, writing, and analysis capability; excellent organizational skills; an ability to think out of the box; and the capability to work both independently and in groups. Experience with energy program evaluation, energy efficiency and building systems is a plus. The level of Field Engineer will be dependent on length of career and direct experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or physical science.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in the field of engineering and must be able to use instruments for measurement of volts, amps, and power in live panels.
- Applicant must be knowledgeable about efficient technologies, including lighting, HVAC equipment, motors, building envelopes, compressed air, and industrial process equipment.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and under time pressures.
- Ability to travel for a significant fraction of a full-time schedule across the state of New Jersey. The candidate will report to colleagues at ADM offices in Sacramento, CA; Fremont, CA; and Reno, NV.
- Ability to communicate effectively with facility maintenance staff, industrial engineers, and clients.
- Valid driver license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to rent vehicles and travel on commercial airlines.
- Ability to carry up to 30 lbs. and the ability to climb ladders.
- 2 or more years of experience, preferably in commercial HVAC or energy engineering.
- Professional experience in the design, construction, and installation of large commercial HVAC systems is desirable.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Calibrated energy simulation’s (eQuest, EnergyPlus, Trane Trace) is desirable.
- Experience with large datasets (smart meter data) is desirable.
This position requires submission of proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Starting salary depends on qualifications and experience.
ADM offers competitive compensation packages including medical/dental/life insurance, 401(k).
ADM is an equal opportunity employer. ADM does not discriminate in its employment practices with regard to age, ancestry, religion, color, creed, cultural background, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, military obligations, national origin, race, sex, or sexual orientation.