ADM is seeking candidates for the position of Survey Research Manager in Portland, OR, Sacramento, CA, or Fremont, CA. The Survey Research Manager will be responsible for performing tasks relating to collection of survey data. Such tasks may include:
- Programming and performing quality control reviews of survey forms;
- Working with sample frames to develop survey samples that meet sample precision and confidence requirements;
- Managing and monitoring response rates;
- Collaborating with call center staff to implement and manage telephone data collection;
- Developing and executing respondent recruitment strategies to maximize survey response withing a given budget;
- Collaborating with research staff to develop survey instruments;
- Collection and analysis of qualitative data;
- Performing analysis of survey data; and
- Performing other tasks as required.
The position requires knowledge of survey design and implementation, including sampling and survey methods, statistical analysis, program evaluation, and market analysis, as well as program and policy development.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study such as statistics, mathematics, engineering, building science, sociology (or other applied social science fields), economics, environmental science, psychology, or policy is required.
- Five years of experience managing research or evaluation projects that include qualitative and quantitative research techniques, preferably in energy research.
- Industry experience with utilities, market research, program evaluation, and/or energy program design and planning.
- Experience managing data collection from “end-to-end” – including the creation of plans, budgeting/timing, survey development/programming, survey implementation, and survey analysis.
- Experience in the analysis and interpretation of data.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience using survey platforms such as Survey Gizmo/Alchemer, Qualtrics, or Survey Monkey.
- Experience using data management and analysis software such as R, SPSS, or Stata (Preferred).
- Demonstrated experience managing projects of various sizes and complexities, including project planning, client management, and budgeting.
- Experience developing efficient processes and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively in the face of multiple and shifting priorities.
- Exceptional time management, with an ability to manage many activities at one time.
- Flexibility to adjust as needed based on project, client, and/or team needs.
- Demonstrated independent decision-making experience.
- A history of creative problem-solving.
Reporting & Communication Skills
- Experience applying critical thinking and attention to detail resulting in error free data collection.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating clarity and conciseness.
ADM offers competitive compensation packages including medical/dental/life insurance, 401(k).
ADM is an equal opportunity employer. ADM does not discriminate in its employment practices with regard to age, ancestry, religion, arrest record, color, conviction record, creed, cultural background, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, military obligations, national origin, race, sex, or sexual orientation.