Throughout my career, I have always been driven to innovate and to achieve excellence. On that basis, I co-founded ADM Associates in 1979 to fulfill…
In 1979, ADM’s founding principals, Taghi Alereza and Donald Dohrmann, formed ADM Associates after determining they were uniquely positioned to fulfill the need for energy research premised on both engineering and economic principles. Dr. Alereza and Dr. Dohrmann possessed the knowledge and abilities to provide superior energy research and evaluation services to utilities as well as public sector and other entities. Our innovative accomplishments extend from ADM’s founding through to the present day.
Throughout our experience, we have made important breakthroughs in the field of energy research and evaluation:
- Developed a simplified energy calculation method to support the development of the Department of Energy’s initial residential standard—Building Energy Performance Standards (BEPS). During the course of this work, Dr. Alereza developed the Variable Base Degree Method (VBDM). This method is cited in the ASHRAE Handbook – Fundamentals, as a simplified method for calculation of energy use in residential buildings.
- Developed the first hourly simulation modeling software that work with microcomputers. We subsequently developed a pre-processor for DOE-2, which served basis for the later development of eQUEST.
- First designed, developed, and implemented demand control ventilation (DCV), and first identified learning thermostats as an innovative approach to achieve residential energy savings.
- Pioneered the development of duct leakage testing procedures and performed extensive training of HVAC technicians that led to the proliferation of duct leakage testing and repair.
On the foundation of the innovative work undertaken since 1979, we continue to lead the way in establishing industry best practices. Today, we offer a full portfolio of energy services. We have extensive experience in a number of areas including:
- Energy efficiency program evaluation;
- Demand response program evaluation;
- Process evaluation;
- Data science;
- Behavioral program evaluation;
- Planning and regulatory support;
- Concurrent evaluation;
- Monitoring and measurement; and
- Emerging technology evaluation.
Our team of engineers, social science researchers, and analysts has developed innovative energy research and program evaluation strategies, which have been presented at the International Energy Program Evaluation Conference (IEPEC) and other professional forums. Our multi-disciplinary staff facilitates efficient, comprehensive energy efficiency program evaluation. We maintain the commitment to provide superior energy research and evaluation services on which ADM was founded.